Olive Oil-Zucchini Cake
- 2 1/2 cups shredded unpeeled zucchini
- 2 1/3 cups sugar
- 3/4 cups extra virgin olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups cake flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 recipe cream cheese frosting (see below)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease and flour three 8-inch round baking pans.
3. Spread shredded zucchini on a plate and blot dry with paper towels.
4. In a mixing bowl, whisk together sugar and oil.
5. Add and whisk eggs, almond milk, and vanilla.
6. Mix in flour, baking powder, and kosher salt, then stir in zucchini.
7. Pour into prepared pans (2 cups per pan).
8. Bake 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
9. Cool in pans on wire rack for 10 minutes, then remove from pans and cool completely.
10. Place on cake layer on a serving platter and frost top lightly with some of the cream cheese frosting.
11. Repeat with cake layers and frosting.
12. Frost tops and sides with remaining frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups powdered sugar
1. In a bowl, beat cream cheese, butter, extra virgin olive oil, and vanilla on medium speed until fluffy.
2. Gradually beat in powdered sugar. Makes 2 cups of frosting.