- 1 pound uncooked spaghetti
- 6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil (can use basil or garlic olive oil)
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt and fresh black pepper for taste
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped Italian parsley
- 1 cup finely grated Parmigiana-Reggiano cheese
1. Cook spaghetti in salted boiling water, al dente. Drain and transfer to bowl.
2. Combine garlic and olive oil in skillet. Cook over medium heat to toast garlic. Reduce heat to medium-low when oil bubbles. Cook and stir until garlic is golden brown (about 5 minutes). Remove from heat.
3. Stir in red pepper flakes, black pepper, and salt into pasta. Pour in olive oil and garlic. Sprinkle parsley and 1/2 of the Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese. Stir until mixed.
4. Serve spaghetti topped with the remaining cheese.