- 2 lbs. Yukon Gold potatoes
- 2-3 whole garlic cloves, outer skins removed
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil or garlic infused olive oil
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
1. Put garlic cloves and potatoes in medium stockpot.
2. Cover with water, bring to a boil.
3. Simmer, covered for 20-25 minutes until tender, then drain.
4. In a medium saucepan, heat milk until just to boiling point. Put aside.
5. Process potatoes and garlic through a potato ricer or food processor.
6. Transfer to a medium-sized bowl.
7. Slowly add olive oil and salt, mix completely.
8. Add the milk in a thin stream, until well-beaten and fluffy.
9. Return the mixture to a low heat, add cheese to blend.
10. Season and serve up to 6 people.